Description: The trail starts at Sparrowhawk day use area. This is an in and out trail and it is moderately challenging. At the end of the trail we may experience marmots getting ready for winter. We will stop at the end of the trail to have lunch and enjoy the views before heading down.
• Events are subject to cancellation or change on short notice due to changes in government
• Carpooling: Use your own discretion and what you are comfortable with.
• No food / snack sharing.
• Bring your own wipes and hand sanitizer and a mask.
• Social distancing and any other rules set out by authorities must be followed. Please respect
• Washrooms may not be available - please be prepared to pack out what you bring in, such as
Toilet paper, etc.
• Please make yourself aware of the risks in participating in this sort of event and decide
• Don`t forget the usual items; bear spray, proper clothing, water, food, equipment and first aid kit.
• Trip participants are asked to provide their cell contact information and emergency contact
information to the trip coordinator, prior to, due to the 'meet at trail head' requirement.
• Please do not sign up if you are experiencing any flu like, cold, or Covid19 symptoms.
Hiking Distance: 11.6 Kilometers Return / 5 Hours
Elevation Gain: 696 Meters
Travel Distance: 125 Kilometers One Way / 1 Hour and 30 Minutes
Difficulty Level: Moderately Challenging
Rendezvous Point: North Edworthy Park, northeast corner. Please arrive 15 minutes before so a vehicle convey can be arranged, as we will be leaving at 8:00 a.m. sharp.
Event Coordinator: For inquiries, please contact the event coordinator Poul at (403) 880-8168 or by email email@example.com. On the day of the event, call or text me at (403) 880-8168 if your plans have changed.
Please Note: Pets Will Not Be Allowed.
Please ensure you have purchased your Kananaskis Conservation Pass.