Every year, on a weekend early in December, we kick off the start of winter with a flurry of activities around Lake Louise. Some folks spend the whole weekend with us at a local Inn or the Hostel. Others drive out for a single event.
For those who choose to stay over, we start the weekend with a Friday night social. The club pays for appetizers and beverages and we renew old friendships. Some hardy souls go out for a moonlight ski on Moraine Lake Road. On Saturday and Sunday there are a variety of hosted events for you to enjoy. Or just kick back and relax in the hot tub.
Perhaps a moonlight ski
on a local cross country trail tickles your fancy. Moraine Lake Road has been the scene for a few years now. A snowshoe walk in the dark may be available as well. Or attend our Meet & Greet
social at a local venue with appetizers and beverages supplied by the club. Or do both!!
No day for kicking back. We always have a menu of events for you to select from.
- Downhill skiing at Lake Louise!!
- Cross country skiing on a local trail.
- Snowshoeing through the woods near Lake Louise. Not all who wander are lost.
- Or perhaps an introductory lesson for those new to cross country skiing.
Then in the evening, dine where you please, or join us for a meal at a fine dining establishment selected by one of the Club's foodies.
More events, more fun. Then the drive home, enthused for the start of another winter.
the variety and selection of events will vary from year to year. Watch for postings on our event calendar and decide what interests you. Sign up through the event calendar for discounted accommodation, meet and greet, fine dining option and activities of your choice.
Join us for a day or spend the weekend! Discover the fun you can have!
- The club arranges a discounted group rate on accommodation at a local Inn and provides a small subsidy (or pick and pay for your own accommodation).
- Appetizers and drinks at Fridays Meet & Greet are paid by club! Confirm your attendance so we can manage the quantities.
- We cover the tip for Saturday`s fine dining experience. Bon appetit.
- Lessons for cross country skiing are no charge for the newbies. Thank you Joad!