A fairly easy forest trail (hikers only) leads to Jumpingpound Ridge Trail from where it is only a short step to the summit of Jumpingpound Mountain – s superb panoramic viewpoint. Event after the snow flies and a biting wind sweeps across the upper slopes, a packed trail testifies to its popularity. Possibly this is because it is by far the shortest route to the summit.
• Events are subject to cancellation or change on short notice due to changes in government restrictions.
• Carpooling: Please use your own discretion and what you are comfortable with.
• No food / snack sharing.
• Bring your own wipes and hand sanitizer and a mask.
• Social distancing and any other rules set out by authorities must be followed. Please respect others.
• Washrooms may not be available - please be prepared to pack out what you bring in, such as toilet
• Please make yourself aware of the risks in participating in this sort of event and decide accordingly.
• Don`t forget the usual items; bear spray, proper clothing, water, food, equipment and first aid kit.
• Trip participants are asked to provide their cell contact information and emergency contact information
to the trip coordinator, prior to, due to the 'meet at trail head' requirement.
• Please do not sign up if you are experiencing any flu like, cold, or Covid-19 symptoms.
Hiking Distance: 15 km
Height Gain: 750 m
Travel Distance: 91.7 Kilometers One Way / 1 Hours and 15 Minutes
Time: 5 to 7 hours plus driving time
Rendezvous Point: North Edworthy Park, Northeast Corner, Look for the Grey CRV Honda. Please arrive 15 minutes before so carpooling arrangements can be made, as we will be leaving at 8:00 a.m. sharp.
Event Coordinator: For inquiries, please contact the event coordinator Gigi at (403) 710-2490 (c). On the day of the event, call or text me if you’re plans have changed.
Policy on Pets: All trips / events will be no pets unless expressly noted. Other than service dogs, participation with pets is to be approved by the Event Host or Organizer.
Members are responsible for keeping their pet under control and on a leash at all times and abiding by Park and other regulations. (Unless in a designated off-leash area with the Organizer’s blessing). Members may be banned from trips if they do not keep their dog on a leash and fail to pick up after their pet.
Guest Policy: The Club is currently discouraging guests of a member attending an event at this time due to the pandemic situation and potential liability issues. Once the government has lifted and has relaxed restrictions, guests are more than welcome to attend two events, as per the Calgary Ski Club Policy prior to Covid-19.
Please ensure that you have purchased your Kananaskis Conservation Pass ahead of time.