Description: A strenuous hike to a magnificent view. The trail is an old road track, so footing will be easy except at the very summit.
One of the finest ridge walks in K Country was first brought to everyone’s attention by Alf Skrastins in the Foothills Wilderness Journal. While easy, it’s a long haul on grass and hiking the ridge in its entirety to Rickert’s Pass and returning down Mist Creek Trail makes for a very long day indeed. Luckily if time is short just do the south summit circuit or wonder about the South Mist Hills.
• Events are subject to cancellation or change on short notice due to changes in government restrictions.
• Carpooling - Use at your discretion and what you are comfortable with. Must be double or tripled vaccinated.
• No food / snack sharing.
• Bring your own wipes and hand sanitizer and a mask.
• Social distancing and any other rules set out by authorities must be followed. Please respect others.
• Washrooms may not be available - please be prepared to pack out what you bring in, such as toilet
• Please make yourself aware of the risks in participating in this sort of event and decide accordingly.
• Don`t forget the usual items; bear spray, proper clothing, water, food, equipment and first aid kit.
• Trip participants are asked to provide their cell contact information and emergency contact information
to the trip coordinator, prior to, due to the 'meet at trail head' requirement.
• Please do not sign up if you are experiencing any flu like, cold, or Covid-19 symptoms.
Hiking Distance: 13 Kilometers / 7 Hours One Way
Elevation Gain: 700 Meters / 2300 Feet
Maximum Elevation Gain: 2524 Meters/ 8280 Feet
Travel Distance: 125 Kilometer One Way / 1 Hour and 45 Minutes
Difficulty: Strenuous Elevation Gain
Rendezvous Point: Heritage Park Gravel Parking Lot, just below the Big Brown “H”. Second left entrance. Do not enter Heritage Park. Please arrive 15 minutes early so carpooling can be arranged as we ill be leaving at 8:00 a.m. sharp.
Event Coordinator: For inquiries, please contact the event coordinator Bob at (403) 228-9057 (h), (403) 808-8470 or by email at email@example.com. On the day of the event, call or text me at (403) 808-8470 if your plans have changed.
Guest Policy: The Club is currently discouraging guests of a member, from outside the club, attending an event at this time due to the pandemic situation and potential liability issues. Once the government has lifted and has relaxed restrictions, guests are more than welcome to attend two events, as per the Calgary Ski Club Policy.
Policy on Pets: All trips / events will be no pets unless expressly noted. Other than service dogs, participation with pets is to be approved by the Event Host or Organizer.
Members are responsible for keeping their pet under control and on a leash at all times and abiding by Park and other regulations. (Unless in a designated off-leash area with the Organizer’s blessing). Members may be banned from trips if they do not keep their dog on a leash and fail to pick up after their pet.
Please make sure that you have purchased your Kananaskis Conservation Pass ahead of time.