The trail starts at Sunshine parking lot and meanders through the forest for the first 6 km and then breaks out of the trees with tremendous views the rest of the way. We will stop at the top to have lunch and enjoy the views before heading down. If we are lucky the alpine flowers will be blooming and we may be able to see marmots at the top.
• Events are subject to cancellation or change on short notice due to changes in government
• Carpooling: Use at your own discretion and what you are comfortable with.
• No food / snack sharing.
• Bring your own wipes and hand sanitizer and a mask.
• Social distancing and any other rules set out by authorities must be followed. Please respect
• Washrooms may not be available - please be prepared to pack out what you bring in, such as
Toilet paper, etc.
• Please make yourself aware of the risks in participating in this sort of event and decide
• Don`t forget the usual items; bear spray, proper clothing, water, food, equipment and first aid kit.
• Trip participants are asked to provide their cell contact information and emergency contact
information to the trip coordinator, prior to, due to the 'meet at trail head' requirement.
• Please do not sign up if you are experiencing any flu like, cold, or Covid19 symptoms.
Hiking Distance: 18.5 Kilometers Return / 6 Hours
Elevation Gain: 890 Meters
Travel Distance: 135 Kilometers One Way / 50 minutes
Difficulty Level: Moderate
Rendezvous Point: North Edworthy Park, northeast corner. Please arrive 15 minutes before so a vehicle convey can be arranged, as we will be leaving at 8:00 a.m. sharp.
Event Coordinator: For inquiries, please contact the event coordinator Poul at (403) 880-8168 or by email email@example.com. On the day of the event, call or text me at (403) 880-8168 if your plans have changed.
Guest Policy: The Club is currently discouraging guests of a member attending an event at this time due to the pandemic situation and potential liability issues. Once the government has lifted and relaxed restrictions, guests are more than welcome to attend two events, as per the Calgary Ski Club Policy.
Please Note: No Pets Will be Allowed.