WE WILL INSTEAD HAVE A NICE HIKE TO INDIAN GRAVES RIDGE!
• Events are subject to cancellation or change on short notice due to changes in government
• Carpooling: Use at your own discretion and what you are comfortable with.
• No food / snack sharing.
• Bring your own wipes and hand sanitizer and a mask.
• Social distancing and any other rules set out by authorities must be followed. Please respect
• Washrooms may not be available - please be prepared to pack out what you bring in, such as
Toilet paper, etc.
• Please make yourself aware of the risks in participating in this sort of event and decide
• Don`t forget the usual items; bear spray, proper clothing, water, food, equipment and first aid kit.
• Trip participants are asked to provide their cell contact information and emergency contact
information to the trip coordinator, prior to, due to the 'meet at trail head' requirement.
• Please do not sign up if you are experiencing any flu like, cold, or Covid19 symptoms.
Hiking Distance: 12 Kilometers RETURN
Elevation Gain: 310 Meters / 1000 Feet
Travel Distance: 110 Kilometers One Way
Difficulty Level: Moderate –SOME HOLES AND SIDE HILLS, SOME BRUSH BUT WE HAVE IMPROVED THE TRAIL! WATCH YOUR STEP BUT RIDGE IS NOT VERY HAZARDOUS
Rendezvous Point: HERITAGE PARK GRAVEL PARKING LOT, Heritage Drive West off 14th Street S.W. Then second entrance on left, just below the Big Brown H.
Carpooling Cost Approximation:
2 people, including driver
3 people, Including driver
4 people, including driver
Event Coordinator: For inquiries, please contact the event coordinator Bob at (403) 228-9057, (403) 808-8470 (c) or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. One the day of the event, call or text me at (403) 808-8470 if your plans have changed.
Safety Precautions: This area attracts lighting and thunderstorms a a little bit but not as bad as Moose Mountain!
Things to Bring: Lots of water, snacks, sunscreen, a hat and sunglasses, plus insect repellent
Trailhead Access: Travel south from Longview 29 kilometers and turn right onto Highway 732, and drive for approximately 10 kilometers, stop just before the bridge. Parking at roadside is good, albeit dusty.
Guest Policy: The Club is currently discouraging guests of a member attending an event at this time due to the pandemic situation and potential liability issues. Once the government has lifted and relaxed restrictions, guests are more than welcome to attend two events, as per the Calgary Ski Club Policy.
Policy on Pets: All trips / events will be no pets unless expressly noted. Other than service dogs, participation with pets is to be approved by the Event Host or Organizer.
Members are responsible for keeping their pet under control and on a leash at all times and abiding by Park and other regulations. (Unless in a designated off-leash area with the Organizer’s blessing). Members may be banned from trips if they do not keep their dog on a leash and fail to pick up after their pet.