Prairie View via Jewell Pass Trail is a 16 km long hike starting from Barrier Dam Day Use Area. The trail offers a nice view of the foothills with Calgary in the distance. We will also pass a nice waterfall on our way. One section is fairly steep on the way down so make sure you have hiking boots with good thread.
• Events are subject to cancellation or change on short notice due to changes in government
• Carpooling: Use at your own discretion and what you are comfortable with.
• No food / snack sharing.
• Bring your own wipes and hand sanitizer and a mask.
• Social distancing and any other rules set out by authorities must be followed. Please respect
• Washrooms may not be available - please be prepared to pack out what you bring in, such as
Toilet paper, etc.
• Please make yourself aware of the risks in participating in this sort of event and decide
• Don`t forget the usual items; bear spray, proper clothing, water, food, equipment and first aid kit.
• Trip participants are asked to provide their cell contact information and emergency contact
information to the trip coordinator, prior to, due to the 'meet at trail head' requirement.
• Please do not sign up if you are experiencing any flu like, cold, or Covid19 symptoms.
Hiking Distance: 16 Kilometers Return / 6 Hours
Elevation Gain: 825 Meters
Travel Distance: 80 Kilometers One Way / 50 minutes
Difficulty Level: Moderate
Rendezvous Point: North Edworthy Park, northeast corner. Please arrive 15 minutes before so a vehicle convey can be arranged, as we will be leaving at 8:00 a.m. sharp.
Event Coordinator: For inquiries, please contact the event coordinator Poul at (403) 880-8168 or by email email@example.com. On the day of the event, call or text me at (403) 880-8168 if your plans have changed.
Please Note: No Pets Will be Allowed.