Description: The highest of three summits, on what could technically be called the western outlier of Mist Mountain, is accessed by an old coal exploration road and a trail, which make the going easy but very long via the interminable southeast ridge. Nevertheless, this is a popular trail, not least because the array of summer flowers are amazing.
• Events are subject to cancellation or change on short notice due to changes in government
• Carpooling: Use at your own discretion and what you are comfortable with.
• No food / snack sharing.
• Bring your own wipes and hand sanitizer and a mask.
• Social distancing and any other rules set out by authorities must be followed. Please respect
• Washrooms may not be available - please be prepared to pack out what you bring in, such as
Toilet paper, etc.
• Please make yourself aware of the risks in participating in this sort of event and decide
• Don`t forget the usual items; bear spray, proper clothing, water, food, equipment and first aid kit.
• Trip participants are asked to provide their cell contact information and emergency contact
information to the trip coordinator, prior to, due to the 'meet at trail head' requirement.
• Please do not sign up if you are experiencing any flu like, cold, or Covid19 symptoms.
Hiking Distance: 14 Kilometers Return / 4 to 5 Hours
Elevation Gain: 714 Meters / 2342 Feet
Travel Distance: 167 Kilometers One Way / 2 Hours / 12.6 Kms South of Highwood Pass
Difficulty Level: Moderate to Difficult
Potential Hazards: This area is very popular with bears and it is recommended to carry bear spray! It should be accessible and travel in groups. Also, this is a high mountain peak, so we must always be on guard against lightning strikes.
Rendezvous Point: North Edworthy Park, northeast corner. Please arrive 15 minutes before so a vehicle convey can be arranged, as we will be leaving at 7:30 a.m. sharp.
Event Coordinator: For inquiries, please contact the event coordinator Lori at (403) 283-7386 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or Bob at (403) 228-9057 (home) or by email email@example.com.
Guest Policy: The Club is currently discouraging guests of a member attending an event at this time due to the pandemic situation and potential liability issues. Once the government has lifted and has relaxed restrictions, guests are more than welcome to attend two events, as per the Calgary Ski Club Policy prior to Covid-19.
Policy on Pets: As this is a very popular and busy trail, pets will not be allowed.
Please make sure that you have purchased your Kananaskis Conservation Pass ahead of time.