Mockingbird Lookout is a good start for the hiking season, a nice view with a not-so-hard climb on a fire road.
• Events are subject to cancellation or change on short notice due to changes in government
• Carpooling: Use at your own discretion and what you are comfortable with.
• No food / snack sharing.
• Bring your own wipes and hand sanitizer and a mask.
• Social distancing and any other rules set out by authorities must be followed. Please respect
• Washrooms may not be available - please be prepared to pack out what you bring in, such as
Toilet paper, etc.
• Please make yourself aware of the risks in participating in this sort of event and decide
• Don`t forget the usual items; bear spray, proper clothing, water, food, equipment and first aid kit.
• Trip participants are asked to provide their cell contact information and emergency contact
information to the trip coordinator, prior to, due to the 'meet at trail head' requirement.
• Please do not sign up if you are experiencing any flu like, cold, or Covid19 symptoms.
Hiking Distance: 5.6 Kilometers Return / 3 to 4 Hours
Elevation Gain: 358 Meters / 1160 Feet
Maximum Elevation Gain: 1902 Meters / 6241 Feet
Travel Distance: 90 Kilometers One Way / 1 Hour and 45 Minutes
Difficulty Level: Easy to Moderate
Rendezvous Point: North Edworthy Park, northeast corner. Please arrive 15 minutes before so a vehicle convey can be arranged, as we will be leaving at 8:00 a.m. sharp.
Event Coordinator: For inquiries, please contact the event coordinator Bob at (403) 228-9057, (403) 808-8470 (c) or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Safety Precaution: Watch out for wild horses, they can be aggressive . Also, it is tick season! Watch where you sit and check yourself when you get home. Please remember to bring your up-to-date bear spray, as well.
Drivers Note: Roads may be rough, with possibly bumpy pavement and 30 km on gravel roads. Waiparous Village has a one-lane bridge, and a low speed limit.
Guest Policy: The Club is currently discouraging guests of a member attending an event at this time due to the pandemic situation and potential liability issues. Once the government has lifted and has relaxed restrictions, guests are more than welcome to attend two events, as per the Calgary Ski Club Policy prior to Covid-19.
Policy on Pets: Pets Will Not Be Allowed.
Members are responsible for keeping their pet under control and on a leash at all times and abiding by Park and other regulations. (Unless in a designated off-leash area with the Organizer’s blessing). Members may be banned from trips if they do not keep their dog on a leash and fail to pick up after their pet.