Description: Like Headwall Lakes, this valley is accessed via the color-coded Smith-Dorrien skiing and mountain biking network of logging roads. So, it’s a fairly easy walk to the lake. Once there, you’re within reach of twin cirques divided by Mt. James Walker.
• Events are subject to cancellation or change on short notice due to changes in government
• Carpooling - Use your own discretion and what you are comfortable with.
• No food / snack sharing.
• Bring your own wipes and hand sanitizer and a mask.
• Social distancing and any other rules set out by authorities must be followed. Please respect
• Washrooms may not be available - please be prepared to pack out what you bring in, such as
Toilet paper, etc.
• Please make yourself aware of the risks in participating in this sort of event and decide
• Don`t forget the usual items; bear spray, proper clothing, water, food, equipment and first aid kit.
• Trip participants are asked to provide their cell contact information and emergency contact
information to the trip coordinator, prior to, due to the 'meet at trail head' requirement.
• Please do not sign up if you are experiencing any flu like, cold, or Covid19 symptoms.
Hiking Distance: 8.6 Kilometers Loop
Height Gain: 259 Meters / 850 Feet
High Point: 2118 Meters / 6950 Feet
Travel Distance: 133 Kilometers One Way / 1 Hour and 38 Minutes
Difficulty Level: Moderate
Rendezvous Point: North Edworthy Park, Northwest Corner and look for the Yellow Ford Focus. Please arrive 15 minutes before so a vehicle convey can be arranged, as we will be leaving at 8:00 a.m. sharp.
Event Coordinator: For inquiries, please contact the event coordinator Paul Omlin at (403) 270-7879.
Policy on Pets: As this is a busy and popular trail, pets will not be allowed.
Please make sure that you purchase your Kananaskis Conservation Pass
ahead of time.