Description: The Rockbound Lake trip is a rather rigorous 8.4 kilometers(one way) hike carrying the hiker high behind the ramparts of Castle Mountain to the snow-fed waters of two distinctly different tarns, one a placid and green mirror fringed by a pleasantly open subalpine forest and meadowland; the other a cold, grey sheet of water contained within a basin of steep scree slopes and massive, tumbled boulders. Much of the trail to the lakes is quite a steep access road. If we time it just right, we may see the larch trees in all their glory.
• Events are subject to cancellation or change on short notice due to changes in government restrictions.
• Carpooling - Use your own discretion and what you are comfortable with. Club suggest that passengers pay $0.06 per kilometer, round trip, to compensate the driver for gas, wear and tear, maintenance of the vehicle.
• No food / snack sharing. • Bring your own wipes and hand sanitizer and a mask.
• Social distancing and any other rules set out by authorities must be followed. Please respect others.
• Washrooms may not be available - please be prepared to pack out what you bring in, such as toilet paper, etc.
• Please make yourself aware of the risks in participating in this sort of event and decide accordingly.
• Don`t forget the usual items; bear spray, proper clothing, water, food, equipment and first aid kit.
• Trip participants are asked to provide their cell contact information and emergency contact information to the trip coordinator, prior to,
due to the 'meet at trail head' requirement.
• Please do not sign up if you are experiencing any flu like, cold, or Covid19 symptoms.
Hiking Distance: 8.4 Kilometers One Way
Height Gain: 760 Meters / 2,500 Feet
High Point: 2210 Meters / 7,250 Feet
Travel Distance: 157 Kilometers One Way / 1 Hour and 35 Minutes
Difficulty Level: Moderate to Intermediate
Rendezvous Point: North Edworthy Park, Northwest Corner, and look for the White Ford Explorer. Due to the Bow Valley Parkway being closed and limited parking in the surrounding area of the trailhead, please arrive between 7:30 a.m. and 7:44 a.m., as we will be leaving at 7:45 a.m. sharp.
Event Coordinator: For inquiries, please contact the event coordinator Lori at (403) 283-7386. On the day of the event, call or text me at (403) 803-2953.
Policy on Pets: As this is a busy and popular trail, no pets will be allowed.