This is not a Calgary Ski Club trip but is presented as it may be of interest to Club Members.
Welcome to the Ski Canada readers’ trip 2023! We’re excited to get back to mixing our two favourite activities of skiing and travelling after our enforced hiatus. This time around we’re heading to glamorous St.Moritz, Switzerland, staying in Club Med’s Roi Soleil.
Make your week as action packed as you like: After a full breakfast, suit up and meet your group at the exit of the ski locker room to board one of several Club Med shuttle buses (don’t be late, this is Switzerland!) then head off to a cable car or funicular railway stations at either Corvatsch, Corviglia or Diovolezza, the three areas that make up the Engadin ski domain. Each day, enjoy the great off piste, the uncrowded slopes, and perfect grooming that Switzerland is known for.
Ski groups can be a maximum of 12 people but are often less. When skiing at Corvatsch or Corviglia, Club Med maintains two mountain huts accessible for short but full lunches. Skiing at Diovolezza, the farthest-away ski station, will involve a bought lunch or a sunny picnic you’ve brought with you. The Club Med village lies in St Moritz Bad, a 15-minute walk across the frozen lake from St Moritz Dorf in this destination of two villages.
Below, you will find both an itinerary and a list of inclusions. If you have any questions at all don’t hesitate to get in touch at email@example.com
Note that all flights are priced out of Toronto but other departure points are possible for a fee, all of which information is outlined below.
When you’re ready to book and pay your deposit to hold your space, please fill out the booking form below and we will get back to you with a deposit invoice.
To visit Ski Canada Magazine’s website and read a few of their recent stories, reviews and articles about ski related news, click this link: https://skicanadamag.com
• January 21st: Depart Canada
• January 22nd: Arrive Zurich, transfer to St Moritz
• January 23rd: Ski day 1
• January 24th: Ski day 2
• January 25th: Ski day 3
• January 26th: Ski day 4
• January 27th: Ski day 5
• January 28th: Ski day 6 (no lessons or guiding today!)
• January 29th: Depart, arrive Canada
• 7 nights accommodation at Four Trident Club Med St Moritz Roi Soleil
• 6 day Lift Pass (53 lifts, 350 kms of pistes!)
• Lunches on mountain or at Club Med Village
• Served- buffet dinners/ fondues
• Apres ski spread
• Open bar (does not include premium beers, wines and spirits as per Club Med policies)
• Group ski/snowboard lessons or guiding Monday – Friday
• Evening entertainment
• Use of pool and fitness facilities
• Flights with Air Canada (if choosing all inclusive package)
• First checked bag free up to 23kg (At time of booking Air Canada continues to offer free carriage of a ski and boot bag in addition to one checked bag. This may be subject to change however.) Please check: https://www.aircanada.com/ie/en/aco/home/book/special-offers/ski-equipment.html for most up to date information.
• Round trip airport transfers Zurich – St Moritz (If on all inclusive package)
• Limited Covid 19 insurance plan through Club Med
• Trip cancellation and travel medical insurance (strongly recommended)
• Ski guiding from Ski Canada hosts Iain Macmillan and Nigel Harrison
• Excess baggage fees
(All prices include 2 Non Refundable deposits totalling $885)
Double occupancy, per person: $3698
Single occupancy, per person: $4634
All pricing based on a departure from Toronto. Connecting flights available from Vancouver, Calgary, Ottawa and other major Canadian airports
NOTE: please let us know at time of booking if you require connector flights
Deposit of $435 due at time of booking
Second deposit of $450 due on July 1st
Balance due November 1st
Please note: deposits are non refundable.
On receipt of your booking form we will email you a deposit invoice in the amount of $435. If you do not receive an invoice please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will re-send. Your booking is not secured until this invoice is paid
Please note each individual must complete their own booking form and waiver. We can invoice for two people on the same invoice. Please let us know on the booking form if you want us to do this.
Ski Canada St. Moritz, Switzerland
Canadian Staycations Inc asks that you work with us and our activity and accommodation providers to follow Covid 19 related protocols as follows: Please make sure you know your local, regional, provincial and national travel restrictions and book within them. When we receive your booking we will contact our providers and check that they are happy to accept your booking. Please be understanding if the provider does not wish to take your booking. Once your booking has been approved, you will receive a payment invoice. We will provide you with activity and accommodation providers’ expectations around Covid 19 precautions. COVID 19 related cancellations will be subject to our normal cancellation policies: Please refer to our cancellation policy at the bottom of this form for details. Please ensure you have trip cancellation insurance which covers Covid 19 related cancellations. We thank you for your efforts to keep everyone safe.