This is one of the most popular ski trails in Banff National Park. It is always well groomed and because it follows the old fire road, it requires little snow to be skiable. This route makes a pleasant outing for all levels of ability. There is a small shelter at kilometer 5.
You must be double vaccinated to participate for this event and carpooling. Please read COVID Information located on Event Calendar, entitled COVID. Attendees will be required to provide being double vaccinated by email when requested by the trip coordinator prior to event. If you have questions, please contact the trip coordinator before registering. Thank you.
• Events are subject to cancellation or change on short notice due to changes in government
• Carpooling: Use at your own discretion and what you are comfortable with. Must be double vaccinated.
• No food / snack sharing.
• Bring your own wipes and hand sanitizer and a mask.
• Social distancing and any other rules set out by authorities must be followed. Please respect
• Washrooms may not be available - please be prepared to pack out what you bring in, such as
Toilet paper, etc.
• Please make yourself aware of the risks in participating in this sort of event and decide
• Don`t forget the usual items; bear spray, proper clothing, water, food, equipment and first aid kit.
• Trip participants are asked to provide their cell contact information and emergency contact
information to the trip coordinator, prior to the event.
• Please do not sign up if you are experiencing any flu like, cold, or Covid19 symptoms.
Distance: 10 Kilometer Return
Elevation Gain: 200 Meters / 656 Feet
Maximum Elevation Gain: 1390 Meters / 4560 Feet
Travel Distance: 110 Kilometers One Way / 1 Hour and 45 Minutes
Difficulty Level: Easy to Moderate
Rendezvous Point: North Edworthy Park, northeast corner. Please arrive 15 minutes prior to so carpooling arrangements can be made, as we will be leaving at 8:00 a.m. sharp.
Event Coordinator: For inquiries, please contact the event coordinator Lori at (403) 283-7386 or by email email@example.com. On the day of the event, call or text me at (403) 803-2953 if your plans have changed.
Carpooling: The Club suggest $0.06 per kilometer, plus the cost of gas return trip, to the driver to cover maintenance and wear and tear.
Please remember to purchase your Canada Park Pass in advance.
Please Note: As per Parks Canada Regulations, dogs are not permitted on the Trail.
Guest Policy: The Club is currently discouraging guests of a member, from outside the club, attending an event at this time due to the pandemic situation and potential liability issues. Once the government has lifted and has relaxed restrictions, guests are more than welcome to attend two events, as per the Calgary Ski Club Policy.