Description: This is an easy hike with nothing technical and slow and steady elevation gain. It's an official Parks Canada Trail, so it is well maintained and easy to keep track. The only difficulty for some, may be the distance. It is a wonderful hike with rewarding views of many lakes and peaks surrounding the pass and the larch trees in their glorious colors.
• Events are subject to cancellation or change on short notice due to changes in government
• No carpooling - meet at trailhead or at a junction and convoy to trailhead.
• No food / snack sharing.
• Bring your own wipes and hand sanitizer and a mask.
• Social distancing and any other rules set out by authorities must be followed. Please respect
• Washrooms may not be available - please be prepared to pack out what you bring in, such as
Toilet paper, etc.
• Please make yourself aware of the risks in participating in this sort of event and decide
• Don`t forget the usual items; bear spray, proper clothing, water, food, equipment and first aid kit.
• Trip participants are asked to provide their cell contact information and emergency contact
information to the trip coordinator, prior to, due to the 'meet at trail head' requirement.
• Please do not sign up if you are experiencing any flu like, cold, or Covid19 symptoms.
Hiking Distance: 20 Kilometers Round Trip / 4 to 5 Hours
Elevation Gain: 655 Meters / 2,150 Feet
Maximum Elevation Gain: 2,330 Meters / 7,650 Feet
Travel Distance: 136 Kilometers One Way / 1 Hour and 35 Minutes
Difficulty Level: Easy to Moderate
Rendezvous Point: North Edworthy Park, northeast corner. Please arrive 15 minutes before so a vehicle convey can be arranged, as we will be leaving at 7:30 a.m. sharp.
Event Coordinator: For inquiries, please contact the event coordinator Lori at (403) 283-7386 or by email email@example.com. On the day of the event, call or text me at (403) 803-2953 if your plans have changed.
Policy on Pets: All trips / events will be no pets unless expressly noted. Other than service dogs, participation with pets is to be approved by the Event Host or Organizer.
Members are responsible for keeping their pet under control and on a leash at all times and abiding by Park and other regulations. (Unless in a designated off-leash area with the Organizer’s blessing). Members may be banned from trips if they do not keep their dog on a leash and fail to pick up after their pet.
Alberta Parks Safety and Regulations - Pets in the Park