Description: A foothills trail that connects Highway 546 to #56 Ware Creek via the Canyon-Link Watershed. The sunnier south end is where most of the meadows are and it's here that the options present themselves.
• Events are subject to cancellation or change on short notice due to changes in government
• No carpooling - meet at trailhead or at a junction and convoy to trailhead.
• No food / snack sharing.
• Bring your own wipes and hand sanitizer and a mask.
• Social distancing and any other rules set out by authorities must be followed. Please respect
• Washrooms may not be available - please be prepared to pack out what you bring in, such as
Toilet paper, etc.
• Please make yourself aware of the risks in participating in this sort of event and decide
• Don`t forget the usual items; bear spray, proper clothing, water, food, equipment and first aid kit.
• Trip participants are asked to provide their cell contact information and emergency contact
information to the trip coordinator, prior to, due to the 'meet at trail head' requirement.
• Please do not sign up if you are experiencing any flu like, cold, or Covid19 symptoms.
Hiking Distance: 8.1 Kilometers Loop
Height Gain: 143 Meters / 470 Feet
High Point: 1815 Meters / 5300 Feet
Travel Distance: 86 Kilometers One Way / 1 Hour and 15 Minutes
Difficulty Level: Moderate
Rendezvous Point: Heritage Park, second entrance on the left, just below the Big Brown H. Look for the Yellow Ford Focus. Please arrive 15 minutes before so a vehicle convey can be arranged, as we will be leaving at 8:00 a.m. sharp.
Event Coordinator: For inquiries, please contact the event coordinator Paul Omlin at (403) 270-7879.
Policy on Pets:
All trips / events will be no pets unless expressly noted. Other than service dogs, participation with pets is to be approved by the Event Host or Organizer.
Members are responsible for keeping their pet under control and on a leash at all times and abiding by Park and other regulations. (Unless in a designated off-leash area with the Organizer’s blessing). Members may be banned from trips if they do not keep their dog on a leash and fail to pick up after their pet.