Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Mid-Week Kananaskis Snowshoeing - REVISED TO WEST BRAGG CREEK
We will meet at Edworthy Park North Parking Lot (near Angels Cafe) at 8:45 to begin our outing and will leave for West Bragg Creek by 9 am. Given COVID we will not be car pooling, but I would like to ensure I know exactly who is attending and have everyone's emergency contact info before we leave the city.
This will be a half-day outing, enjoyed at a relatively leisurely pace to ensure we have time to appreciate the scenery.. Please bring both snowshoes and icegrips to ensure you have the best option for whatever snow and ice conditions we encounter.
Wednesday, January 13, 2021, 8:45 AM until 1:00 PM
Edworthy Park, North Parking Lot
Map to Edworthy
Shaganappi & Montgomery View NW
Registration is required before Tuesday, January 12, 2021 at 3:00 PM
• Events are subject to cancellation or change on short notice due to changes in government COVID restrictions.
• No carpooling.
• No food / snack sharing.
• Bring your own wipes and hand sanitizer and a mask.
• Social distancing and any other rules set out by authorities must followed. Please respect others.
• Washrooms may not be available - please be prepared to pack out what you bring in, such as Toilet paper, etc.
• Don`t forget the usual items; bear spray, proper clothing, water, food, equipment and first aid kit.
• Trip participants are asked to provide their cell contact information and emergency contact information to the trip coordinator, prior to, due to the 'meet at trail head' requirement.
• Please do not sign up or attend if you are experiencing any flu like, cold, or Covid19 symptoms.
People who register but don't attend an event prevent members on a waiting list from participating.
If unable to attend, please be courteous and remove your name from the attendee list as soon as possible. If you cancel after the registration cut-off date, please notify the trip leader by email as you will not be able to remove yourself from the registrant list on the website.
"no shows" are tracked and serial offenders may be removed from events.