Cross country skiers keen to get started on the season - this is your opportunity! We'll meet at 10:30am in Calgary, and drive over to the Canmore Nordic Center, where they've installed 2km of snow for skiing. The plan is for people to ski at their leisure for 2 hours, and then - given covid regs - we'll head home. I might bring classic and skate skis, and decide on arrival which to use and/or mix it up. Trail fees apply.
Difficulty Level: Moderate (D3)
Distance: Choose your own
Elevation: Choose your own - there are rolling hills along the 2km trail
Duration: 2 - 2.5hrs (+ driving time; 1 hr one way)
Coordinator: Erika Harrison
What to Bring: Skis, boots, poles, warm weather clothes, water, lunch, snacks
Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org or (403) 918-3064 (cell)
Departs At: 10:30 am. Please arrive early so we can leave promptly.
Departure Location: Meet at the north Edworthy parking lot. Located at the intersection of Shaganappi Trail and Memorial Drive/Bowness Road. GPS coordinates are: 51.06361, -114.150976. (Google Maps)
Notice of Cancellation: Please contact the trip leader if you need to cancel your registration.
Safety Precaution: Skiers should be comfortable with snowplow and herringbone. Note: Location may change, or event may be cancelled depending upon the conditions.
- Events are subject to cancellation or change on short notice due to changes in government restrictions.
- No carpooling - meet at trailhead or at a junction and convoy to trailhead.
- No food / snack sharing.
- Bring your own wipes and hand sanitizer and a mask.
- Social distancing and any other rules set out by authorities must be followed. Please respect others.
- Washrooms may not be available - please be prepared to pack out what you bring in, such as toilet paper, etc.
- Please make yourself aware of the risks in participating in this sort of event and decide accordingly.
- Don`t forget the usual items; proper clothing, water, food, equipment and first aid kit.
- Trip participants are asked to provide their cell contact information and emergency contact information to the trip coordinator, prior to, due to the 'meet at trail head' requirement.
- Please do not sign up if you are experiencing any flu like, cold, or Covid19 symptoms.