We're off to do the Cookie Race loop - 42km. It should take 6-7 hours of continuous skiing, plus additional time for driving.
This is a long, long ski. Do not sign up unless you have skied at least 20+km in a given day. Pace will be roughly 6km per hour, for 7 hours. There will be very few short breaks to ensure we finish before sunset.
Difficulty Level: Difficult (D5)
Distance: Choose your own
Elevation: Choose your own - see description above
Duration: 7 hrs (+ driving time; 1.5 hr one way)
Coordinator: Erika Harrison
What to Bring: Skis, boots, poles, warm weather clothes, water, lunch, snacks
Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org or (403) 918-3064 (cell)
Departs At: 7:00 am. Please arrive early so we can leave promptly.
Departure Location: Meet at the north Edworthy parking lot. Located at the intersection of Shaganappi Trail and Memorial Drive/Bowness Road. GPS coordinates are: 51.06361, -114.150976. (Google Maps)
Notice of Cancellation: Please contact the trip leader if you need to cancel your registration.
Safety Precaution: Skiers should be comfortable with snowplow and herringbone, and exercising for long distances. Note: Location may change, or event may be cancelled depending upon the conditions.
- Events are subject to cancellation or change on short notice due to changes in government restrictions.
- No carpooling - meet at trailhead or at a junction and convoy to trailhead.
- No food / snack sharing.
- Bring your own wipes and hand sanitizer and a mask.
- Social distancing and any other rules set out by authorities must be followed. Please respect others.
- Washrooms may not be available - please be prepared to pack out what you bring in, such as toilet paper, etc.
- Please make yourself aware of the risks in participating in this sort of event and decide accordingly.
- Don`t forget the usual items; proper clothing, water, food, equipment and first aid kit.
- Trip participants are asked to provide their cell contact information and emergency contact information to the trip coordinator, prior to, due to the 'meet at trail head' requirement.
- Please do not sign up if you are experiencing any flu like, cold, or Covid19 symptoms.