To earn points to pay for events, you need to volunteer. We credit your CSC account each month based on how much you help out.
- planning and leading day trip events & socials
- compiling or editing our newsletter (shared)
15 points per hour
- other general volunteer activities as set out by Council
100 - 250 points
- serve on Council
- serve as volunteer coordinator for our Casino
- serve on a ski sale committee or be a floor general
- hosting a serial event
- Hosting an extended bus or multiday trip
15 points per hour
- volunteer at the Calgary New & Used Ski Sale, our biggest fundraiser, held every October. This sale is our biggest fundraiser. Please consider volunteering a shift or two. It takes hundreds of volunteers to make it work. It pays for our administration and subsidizes many of our trips and events.
For more info: Ski Sale Member Info Ski Sale Official Site
Our other fundraiser is a Charity Casino which provides funds for various programs. Alberta Gaming and Liquor rules prevent us from awarding CSC points for this event.
CSC points are recorded as a credit in your Member profile after volunteer hours have been confirmed. This can take up to 60 days in the case of the ski sale..
Spending your CSC points!
Points can be redeemed and used towards the cost of:
- Extended Trips and Bus Day trips that are paid through our website
- Social Events in some cases
- Sanctioned Courses
- Membership Renewals
- Discounted Ski Area cards
- Our points for passes program where you may purchase a season pass at a ski area, a Parks Canada or Kananaskis Pass and submit your receipt and get fully of partially reimbursed with your points,
Rules and Details
Points are non-transferable and are an internal reward system with no cash value. Points expire 2 years from date earned or earlier if membership lapses. Some events may have a limit on the points earned to prevent volunteer burnout. i.e. ski sale volunteers are limited to 600 points for hours worked at the ski sale. (they may earn extra points as a floor general, or by serving on sale committees)
You may use points to pay for approved events open to all members. They cannot be redeemed for cash nor used for non-club activities. Points are exchanged at a rate of one point to one dollar for internal events and products paid for through our website but have no cash value. Points are automatically deducted from the cost of membership renewals or events paid for through our site. Oldest points are used first and family memberships share points.
Only members in good standing, with an active membership, may accumulate and spend points; guests are not permitted to be a part of the reward system.
You may view your CSC Points account balance on your Member profile on our website. Under the Financial/Financial Data section, open the Payment/Credit History. You will see a history of points earned.
This is an overview only, points and other rewards are subject to change. Council decisions on point distribution and use are final.
For more information on our reward system contact firstname.lastname@example.org