To earn points to pay for events, you need to volunteer. We credit your CSC account each month based on how much you help out.
- planning and leading day trip events & socials
- compiling or editing our newsletter (shared)
15 points per hour
- helping with the Lake Louise Loppet
- other general volunteer activities as set out by Council
100 - 250 points
- serve on Council
- serve as volunteer coordinator for our Casino
- serve on a ski sale committee or be a floor general
- hosting a serial event
- Hosting an extended bus or multiday trip
15 points per hour
- volunteer at the Calgary New & Used Ski Sale, our biggest fundraiser, held every October. This sale is our biggest fundraiser. Please consider volunteering a shift or two. It takes hundreds of volunteers to make it work. It pays for our administration and subsidizes many of our trips and events.
For more info: Ski Sale Member Info Ski Sale Official Site
Our other fundraiser is a Charity Casino which provides funds for our Jackrabbit cross country lesson program for children. Alberta Gaming and Liquor rules prevent us from awarding CSC points for this event except to parents of Jackrabbits and those points must be used toward JR program.
CSC points are recorded as a credit in your Member profile after volunteer hours have been confirmed. This can take up to 60 days.
Spending your CSC points!
Points can be redeemed and used towards the cost of:
- Extended Trips and Bus Day trips
- Lessons and Programs
- Social Events
- Sanctioned Courses
- Membership Renewals
- Discounted Ski Area cards
Rules and Details
Points are non-transferable and are an internal reward system with no cash value. Points expire 2 years from date earned or earlier if membership lapses.
You may use points to pay for things for yourself or another member. Points are exchanged at a rate of one point to one dollar for internal events and products paid for through our website but have no cash value. Points are automatically deducted from the cost of membership renewals or events paid for through our site. Oldest points are used first and family memberships share points.
Only members in good standing, with an active membership, may accumulate and spend points; guests are not permitted to be a part of the reward system.
You may view your CSC Points account balance on your Member profile on our website. Under the Financial/Financial Data section, open the Payment/Credit History. You will see a history of points earned. Existing points have been transferred and will show in your member profile under credits.
Hours worked to satisfy Jackrabbit fundraising or volunteer commitment do not accrue points. Extra hours beyond that will accrue points.
This is an overview only, points and other rewards are subject to change. Council decisions on point distribution and use are final.
For more information on our reward system contact email@example.com